DEAN – SCHOOL of ARTS and SCIENCES
To Apply Email Cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Edu Alliance a higher education consultancy firm located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates with a US office in Indianapolis Indiana has been engaged to conduct an Executive Search for the position of Dean – School of Arts & Science for a university in the United Arab Emirates.
The Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences is responsible for supervising all aspects of the school, including the following:
- Full time and adjunct faculty
- Academic Departments within the School
- All degree programs within the School
- Course Scheduling
- Curriculum Development
- Course and Degree Program Assessment
- Website maintenance for the School
- Searches for new and replacement positions
- Budget for the School
- Promotion of Research and Scholarship
- Maintaining the Arts and Sciences Advisory Committee
- Have experience with the American accreditation system and process
QUALIFICATION and EXPERIENCE
The Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences is expected to
- Hold a terminal degree in a field relevant to the Arts and Sciences.
- Have experience in academic administration in an American university or one organized on an American model, ideally at the Dean’s level, but as a minimum at the Associate Dean level
- Have experience teaching at the university level, in English.
- Be able to be appointed at the Full Professor level.
- Have experience in a multicultural and multi-linguistic environment.
- Experience with American institutional accreditation
The Dean of Arts and Sciences has administrative responsibility for the university’s General Education Program. The Dean sits on the Provost’s Council, the Academic Council, and others bodies as appropriate. The Dean reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.
Our search process includes professors who seek career advancement interest in expanding their horizon and intrigued with the opportunity in working in a senior academic position outside the US.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to learn more, please submit your detailed Cv to email@example.com We will contact all qualified candidates to go into detail about the university and the position.